Wednesday 2 May 2012

Prospects May Blog

Another month, and surprisingly another cheery blog, with more happiness crammed into around 500 words, than an average Pepper Pig cartoon, what can I say, having a three and a half year nephew and a two year old Godson, I have an in depth knowledge of Nickelodeon and The Disney Channel.

I can not believe it is May already, this year has flown by, and boy how well it is going already. Another month has passed where my reputation has seemingly enhanced, with strong festivals at Aintree and Punchestown, the ego has been more than massaged by the followers and the fan club of JJMSports.

The highlight was probably putting up three horses the day before the Grand National, screamed at everyone to back then, and all three romped home by a collective 60 lengths, basically winning by over a fence. As such, one of my followers just happened to be the Marketing Office from Ripon Racecourse, and she had a cheeky £5 treble, returning £85. She was so chuffed that I was sent two complimentary VIP tickets to the racing there last Saturday! Unfortunately as it transpired, I couldn’t get off work, but little touches like that show how life is

The Cheltenham winnings have already been invested into a few jaunts to another love in the summer in forms of Cricket and Darts, what a life eh? Have no idea how people could possibly hate sport! Trips to The Oval, Lords and Headingley should be amazing, and as a life long cricket fan, it will be something of a pilgrimage to finally go to The Home of Cricket at Lords.

Not to mention the World Matchplay Darts in Manchester, The Manchester Weekend for Super League, few trips to see Racing at York and Doncaster on the flat. I have decided life is for living, at this moment in time, ZERO interest in the career route, not at this stage in life, where my responsibilities are at a minimum.

I went for an interview with a local firm, only a five minutes walk away from my home in Lindley for an Accounts Manager Position, something that although I have limited experience in, I am quite the dab hand at talking my way out of things, and famously said on The Sri Lankan Apprentice ‘I can talk my way out of an empty room’, not to mention a few other cringe worthy phrases too whilst on there.

The fact that I couldn’t muster up the motivation or inspiration to come up with convoluted story how I did once in fact work in it, excelled in fact, and how I secured accounts for companies A, B, and C shows how much I didn’t in fact want it.

I look at people who work within the company with me, and just thank Jebus how good I have it. It is rather humbling to be quite honest. The manager is 29, but has a wife, two kids and a mortgage, and as such, doesn’t have the greatest amount of free time. Whenever small talk is being made about what we are doing tonight, or tomorrow etc, it involves doing chores, paying bills, picking kids up, fixing general things around the house. My day off Sunday, I went to a darts meeting, my Godson’s birthday party, played football, then went and watched snooker in the pub with a mixed grill. Cheers. Good night from me and good night from him.

The Yorkshireman – Jack Milner – Follow me on Twitter - @JJMSports

No comments:

Post a Comment